33325 N. Sears Boulevard, Wildwood, IL 60030 - Phone (847) 223-7275
The Wildwood Park District manages 11 parks and two ponds. The district also maintains thirteen-acre Valley Lake and contributes to the well being of the 143 acre Gages Lake, in cooperation with the Gages Lake Conservation Committee (GLCC), utilizing a lakes management agreement with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
Effective 2020: PLEASE NOTE THAT ROOM RENTALS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT RULE PARK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19.
The last day to rent a pavilion is October 31st
- Beaches open Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- There are NO LIFEGUARDS on duty. Swim at your own risk. Swimming is allowed in designated areas only. See signage for age requirement.
- Do not dive from piers or swim around piers.
- Do not enter the water if you have an infectious disease.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear leak-proof diapers or pull ups in the water.
- Pet Dogs are welcome in Wildwood Park District parks, and must be on leash in accordance with county laws. This is for the safety and comfort of everyone using the parks.
- Pets are not allowed in beach swim areas under any circumstances.
- Owners must remove and properly dispose of pet waste.
The Wildwood Park District appreciates your help in reporting any problems you may find in our parks. If you see a safety hazard at the district park, please contact the district office at your earliest convenience. If you see an illegal activity occurring in one of the district parks, please contact the Lake County Sheriff's office (911) immediately to report the occurrence. This will help us better control vandalism at the parks.